Today is National Brownie Day! Surprisingly, no one knows the origin of brownies, estimates show they’ve been made since at least the early 20th century due to evidence of written and printed recipes. No matter where they came from, there’s a reason brownies have been enjoyed for several generations, they’re delicious!
If you’ve been looking for a nice idea to let someone know you’re thinking about them, look no further than a brownie-themed gift basket. We’re going to give you two variations and you can pick which one works best for you.
- Brownie Baking Kit Gift Basket
If your recipient loves to bake, this basket is just for them! They can make their brownies one National Brownie Day or whenever they like. Here’s what this gift basket needs to include:
- Batter bowl
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Kitchen towels
- Mason Jar of Brownie Mix
Here’s a gift basket we think this baking kit will look great in:
- Fresh Baked Brownie Gift Basket
This basket is for gift-givers who love baking. Surprise your recipients with this delectable recipe:
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 handful of walnuts
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease an 8-inch square pan with butter or cooking spray and dust the pan with flour or cocoa powder. You can also line the pan with parchment paper for easy removal of the brownies.
- In a large saucepan or in a microwave melt the butter. Do not boil it. Remove from heat. let cool a bit and add the sugar. Mix well.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla extract and mix until well blended.
- Add flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder and walnuts (if using). Using a whisk or a spatula mix until well combined.
- Pour the batter in the prepared cake pan. Bake for 25 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and cool for at least 15 minutes before cutting.
- Store the brownies in an airtight container for up to a week.
Once your brownies are baked and ready to eat, you can wrap them nicely and place them in a basket to surprise your recipient. Freshly baked goodies are perfect gifts to take to a holiday party or dinner.
Here’s a gift basket that’s the perfect size to hold baked goods: