Wicker is one of the most durable and lasting fibers available today, which can be traced back to its use as early as ancient Egypt. While it became very popular in the 1970s indoors, today your buyers can create household items and furniture for interior and exterior enjoyment.Before your wholesale wicker basket customers decide on a new purchase encourage them to check out these great repurposing ideas for use in their home. Here are ten ideas to create something new, which also makes for some fun Fall season projects.
1. Bicycle Flower ContainerA small wicker basket would work well for this idea. All it takes is some wood twigs and round wicker wheels. This is a fun garden accent that can last for years. And what a creative way to plant decorative Fall plants like ferns, ivy, and more.
2. Fun Baby Carriage BasketHelp your wholesale customers go vintage and add some wooden wheels and plaid fabric found at any local craft store for a young one to enjoy. Wicker baby baskets are best for very little ones who are not yet walkers.
3. Garden Collection and Wine BasketReuse an old wicker basket with an added firm handle, which can be used for picking out fresh garden vegetables or produce at the local farmer’s market. It can also work well for a romantic picnic with a bottle of wine.
4. Cozy Pet BedInstead of purchasing an expensive bed for your dog or cat at the pet store encourage your wholesale buyers to tell their customers to consider placing a nice cushion inside a wicker container instead. They pets will love going inside their new comfy homemade home.
5. Go To The BeachThere is still time left to enjoy a picnic on the beach, and what better way than with a wicker basket? Spray paint it white like this one, with some handles added to each side. A nice bottle of late summer or early Fall wine with assorted cheese, olives, and salami could be a nice compliment to a restful day on shore or in the boat.
6. Recycle Bin
Transform recycled garbage storage into a nice-looking wicker container simply by adding a handle and if you’d like to move it around consider installing some wheels at the bottom. This a perfect idea to give to your wholesale customers for small spaces like condos and studio apartments.
Image Credit: GoGreenStreet.com